Thursday, June 13, 2013

Gabrielle Black Interview

Meet my guest, Gabrielle Black, author of Treating Murder. Come back tomorrow for a sample of her work.

Tell us a little about yourself?

I’m a shy, bookish nerd. Why?

What made you want to become a writer?

I have wanted to be a writer ever since I got my first library card in the third grade.

What genre do your works fall into?

Mystery/Thriller

What about this genre appeals to you?

In real life, my job basically boils down to looking at clues and making deductions. I guess I just like puzzles, and flexing my brain a little bit.

Could you tell us a bit about your most recent book and why it is a must-read?

Because it’s the best book ever!

What gives you inspiration for your book?

I meet dozens of new people everyday. They share their life experiences with me. I have literally seen it all.

Are your characters based off real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?

They are all imaginary. No animals were harmed in the making of this novel.

Of all the characters you have created, which is your favorite and why?

I usually say Veronica Lane, M.D., but Missy, the street waif, is growing on me. You have to be made of some stern stuff to go through what she has and not be destroyed by it.

What is the biggest surprise that you experienced after becoming a writer?

I was surprised to find how many aspiring authors there really are. eBooks have really helped to add to the diversity out there.

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you either growing up or as an adult?

I was inspired to write this after I got caught up in the Patricia Cornwell series. 

Do you have a day job in addition to being a writer?  If so, what do you do during the day?  

I’m a physician practicing Family medicine. Note, that is not the same specialty as Dr. Lane. She and I really have very little in common.

What is your favorite writing tip or quote?

‘Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.’ Lemony Snicket
My favorite quote from my book is: “You don’t look like much, but they say you murdered that other chick.” Said to Veronica.

Tell us a little about your plans for the future.  Do you have any other books in the works?

Oh yes, the sequel to Treating Murder is in the works. In Dead Wrong, Veronica goes international.

Where can we find you online? (please cut and paste links):

No comments:

Post a Comment