Thursday, August 15, 2013

Interview with Pie, An Old Brown Horse

Today, welcome to be blog, Pie’s Lucky Rocket, co-author of Pie An Old Brown Horse. If you like what you read, be sure to comment and buy the book.

What is the name of the book where we'll find you? Can you tell us a little about it?

The name of my book is Pie An Old Brown Horse (That Knows What He Is Doing). You can find it at http://www.amazon.com/Pie-Brown-Horse-Knows-Doing/dp/1478720476/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376248879&sr=8-1&keywords=pie+an+old+brown+horse . It is the story of my second chance at life after surviving  a near fatal accident.

Tell us a little about yourself. How do you fit into the book?

I am about to celebrate my 39th birthday.  I am an old rescued ranch horse with a whole lot to say about a bunch of different things. Admittedly it was difficult to fit a personality as large as mine into a book, but we managed it quite well, I think.

I heard you were injured. Can you tell us a little about your injury?

I was gored in the hip trying to help a cowboy round up a stray bull. It also caused my eye to be injured, and I had multiple minor injuries due to the barbed wire I was tangled in for awhile.

Of the other characters in the book, which is your favorite and why?

People wise, my favorite character is Little One.  She is my soul mate. Equine wise, my favorite character was Dusty. He was my total hero. He knew how to be a lead horse in a very large pasture, with very little effort. I was always amazed how it came to him so naturally.

What do you think about the treatment of horses?

Horses are treated different ways by different people so that is a hard question to answer. Some of the horses that have come to live in our barn have come with some total horror stories.  That is a shame. I had a nice life, if not a tough one as a ranch horse. Now I live with the keeper and never knew life could be so good.  I thought I had it made before because I didn’t know any better. Now I do know better, and this is the life I think I was meant to live. Apparently, everything I went through before was preparing me for the job I have now. I feel sorry for the horses that don’t have a keeper like mine.

What made you want to become a writer?

I never really thought about being a writer, but the keeper said I had a good story. She got me to do it. She can be very persuasive when she wants to be.  She knows how to wield a mean carrot.

Do you think, in general, horses should write more books?

I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t, but they need to have a person who can help them out. All of this work is hard for an old horse. A lot of horses wouldn’t have the patience to go through all of this.

What literary horse is your favorite (excluding yourself, for course)? Is there one in particular that inspires you? 

I have several favorites; the first would be Trigger. Did you know he was also a therapy horse?  I also like War Horse. I would have loved to have lived his life. I think I would have made a great war horse. 

What are your favorite foods?

My favorite treats are carrots and sugar cubes.  I also like to chew on alfalfa cubes. They are like an all day sucker to an old guy like me.

Can you tell us a bit about your co-author, Kandy?

I call her the keeper because, as a horse, we call them as we see them, and that is what she does; she keeps us safe and happy. She is okay for a person. She definitely knows how to take care of horses. The world needs more people like her; she is not prejudiced about breed or age or anything that I can see. She is willing to take in and help just about any horse. She can always find another one that needs her help. She doesn’t hide from her responsibilities. No matter the weather, she is here checking on us at least twice a day. Many major problems have been averted because she catches them early. She knows us all well and can tell when we are “off” and need something.

Is there a lesson you hope humans will take from your book?

Definitely, I want to people to not throw a life away just because it is a little bruised or broken.  Sometimes those of us in that situation have a lot of experience to offer.

Tell us a little about your plans for the future.  Do you have any other books in the works?

Right now, I am guest blogging and interviewing all over the internet, but I do have another idea for a book, I just have to talk the keeper into it.

Pie, An Old Brown Horse

This five star Readers’ Favorite review book is the story of a twenty five year old ranch horse that was injured and pretty much left to die. He was brought to a stable and sold even though no one really expected him to survive. He was reborn into a merchant of hope. His amazing spirit and calmness have helped many people over the next 13 years as he became the most amazing mentor and therapy horse. This is Pie's story as he tells it about the most amazing second chance at life and his travels through it. You will meet his person, a shy young girl who he helps grow into adulthood. He will introduce you to the other horses and people that helped shape his journey. His influence has known no bounds throughout this last 13 years, and he continues to shine his light even at the ripe old age of 38. This is a feel good story about life, love, second chances and giving back.

Where can we find you online? 
Twitter: @KKScaramuzzo

No comments:

Post a Comment